Community

Women Empowering Women

By Elizabeth Carmen | May 29, 2018

As a therapist specializing in the treatment of eating disorders, I was thrilled to hear the theme of this month’s…

Keshet’s Story: Offering Power to the Powerless

By Shira Lankin Sheps | May 16, 2018

(1/5) “How Identity Influences the Work” “When I went to law school I was really interested in family dynamics and…

The Collection of Jewish Moms

By Michelle London | May 14, 2018

The dining room, Friday night at the Singles’ Shabbaton, buzzed with the potential of meeting one’s spouse. My friend Chaikie…

Talking About Genocide on the Playground

By Shira Lankin Sheps | May 6, 2018

Yesterday afternoon I woke up from my Shabbat nap to my eight-year-old daughter standing over my bed. Her face was…

Infertility Awareness Shabbat: Creating a Legacy to Ensure A Feeling of Inclusion by Those Who Have Not Yet Completed Their Families

By Elie Salomon | May 3, 2018

I’m not a big crier, I like to have a tough exterior and save my tears for private conversations between…

A Legacy of Words

By Jennifer Fenster | May 1, 2018

On April 22, 2010, I defined myself primarily as a mother of four young children and a wife of a…

A Clear Need for Jewish Education

By Rona Novick | April 26, 2018

As a clinical child psychologist, whether working in my office or visiting schools, I saw that schools could be scary,…

I Highlight

By Adina Kastner | April 25, 2018

While I pursued my Master’s Degree in Teaching of English, I student-taught at a public middle school. As part of…

Elizabeth’s Story: Creating a Space for Jewish Girls

By Shira Lankin Sheps | April 23, 2018

This profile was brought to The Layers Project Magazine through a partnership with The Jewish Education Project.  (1/5 ) “A…

The Legacy of Being Safe-Enough

By Gavi Lankin | April 22, 2018

I am five years old and hiding with all of my loved ones in the basement of our childhood home.…

Abby’s Story: A Passion for Inclusion

By Shira Lankin Sheps | April 15, 2018

This Profile is brought to The Layers Project Magazine in partnership with The Jewish Education Project.  (1/5) “Home for All”…

Tziri’s Story: Finding My Own Voice

By Shira Lankin Sheps | April 2, 2018

This Profile is brought to The Layers Project Magazine in partnership with The Jewish Education Project. (1/6) ” I Got…