Skip to content

Community

When He Wouldn’t Say My Name

By Shira Lankin Sheps | August 12, 2018

Recently I went away for Shabbos. People close to us sponsored a kiddush in our honor, and it was to…

26, Jewish, Single Mother

By Jennifer Grinberg | August 2, 2018

It can be a magical time of exploring. What happens when you’re a 26-year-old Jewish single mother? What happens to…

Paula’s Story- The Behind the Scenes Journey to 93Queen

By Shira Lankin Sheps | July 25, 2018

(1/6) ”I had to tell this story” “I found the story of the film 6 years ago. At the time,…

Should We Still Mourn on Tishaa Ba’av? An Olah Chadasha Perspective.

By Shira Lankin Sheps | July 21, 2018

As I prepare myself to listen to Eicha, I step out of my new home in the hills of Jerusalem…

I Have No Expiration Date

By Nechama Leitner | June 7, 2018

Yesterday someone told me to hurry up and get married before it is too late. Because as a woman I…

The Art of Mentoring

By Faigie Horowitz | May 31, 2018

Midlifers can make great mentors. They have the long view but are active and involved in current developments at work,…

Women Empowering Women

By Elizabeth Carmen | May 29, 2018

As a therapist specializing in the treatment of eating disorders, I was thrilled to hear the theme of this month’s…

Keshet’s Story: Offering Power to the Powerless

By Shira Lankin Sheps | May 16, 2018

(1/5) “How Identity Influences the Work” “When I went to law school I was really interested in family dynamics and…

The Collection of Jewish Moms

By Michelle London | May 14, 2018

The dining room, Friday night at the Singles’ Shabbaton, buzzed with the potential of meeting one’s spouse. My friend Chaikie…

Talking About Genocide on the Playground

By Shira Lankin Sheps | May 6, 2018

Yesterday afternoon I woke up from my Shabbat nap to my eight-year-old daughter standing over my bed. Her face was…

Infertility Awareness Shabbat: Creating a Legacy to Ensure A Feeling of Inclusion by Those Who Have Not Yet Completed Their Families

By Elie Salomon | May 3, 2018

I’m not a big crier, I like to have a tough exterior and save my tears for private conversations between…

A Legacy of Words

By Jennifer Fenster | May 1, 2018

On April 22, 2010, I defined myself primarily as a mother of four young children and a wife of a…

Scroll To Top