TELLING YOUR STORY WITH SELF-COMPASSION WORKSHOP FAQ'S
- The goal is to teach you how to use writing in your healing journey. We will use prompts and writing exercises to uncover self-compassion, become attuned to the way we talk to ourselves, learn to let go of feelings that no longer serve us, visualize a new future, and open our hearts to healing through affirmations.
- This online- workshop will consist of a five-week commitment. There are no make-ups or replacement sessions. Sessions will not be recorded to preserve the privacy of our participants. All classes will be held on Zoom.
- Four 90 min sessions once a week, and one 1:1 session with Shira during the last week, to review your writings.
- The workshop has been structured to nurture several pieces of writing. You will submit them for group reading and supportive comments to be discussed when we meet.
- Each session will consist of a presentation from Shira Lankin Sheps, MSW, and a supportive discussion about each member's writing. Like Layers online, we will be creating a supportive and safe space.
- Each group will have no less than three members and no more than six, to ensure that each person can receive the individual attention required to develop their writing.
- We will be addressing stigmatized topics and often there may be a sharing of trauma- please be mindful before signing up for this workshop.
- Everything that is shared within the workshop by the participants is confidential and must not be disclosed outside the workshop.
- In advance of each week's session, there will be writing exercises to further expand upon the ideas we have discussed in the previous workshop.
- Participation in the workshop does not guarantee publication on The Layers Project Magazine but the essays written are eligible for submission.
- Tuition must be paid in full before the workshop begins to ensure participation and to save your spot.
Looking forward to talking to you more about your goals of using writing to further your healing journey.
TELLING YOUR STORY WITH SELF-COMPASSION WORKSHOP SESSION BREAKDOWN
Session 1: Creating a Safe Space Within
Session 2: Learning to Write Affirmations & Intentions
Session 3: 1:1 Sessions: Evidence-Based Affirmations
Session 4: Being Present in Joyful Moments
Session 5: Writing the Future We Want
Winter Session Dates
Winter Session Now Forming. Exact dates to be determined based on cohort.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Please fill out the form below so that we can learn more about your interests and availability.
- Once the form is submitted you will receive a link to book a 15 min interview with Shira to talk about your goals and how The Layers Workshops might be a good fit for you.
- When you meet with Shira, you will discuss the essay for the application and find your story that you want to share to introduce you to the workshop.
- Email Shiralsheps@thelayersprojectmagazine.com and put "Workshop Application" in the subject line. Send it in the body of the email- no attachments.
- After the receipt of your essay you will receive an email confirming your acceptance to the workshop and further instructions and details.
Admission is contingent on timing, scheduling, and application review.
Really looking forward to connecting with you!